Saturday, March 22, 2008

Susan's Spin on the Shower

It was worth the drive to NJ from NC for Danielle's shower. However, when you attend a shower for a teacher organized by another teacher, plan on being tested. When I asked how I could help, I was handed a bag of pencils and sent to the sharpener.




Owen's sister, Branice, was the mastermind. She designed centerpieces and favors that were worthy of a boutique. There was talk that she should consider this for a business.




This is not to diminish all the work done by her aunt, her cousin and her mother. It was impressive watching them bring it all together.

Testing included a pile of games: matching candy bar names with pregnancy terms; a trivia quiz; guessing how many candies in a baby bottle (Danielle won that one); and the highly entertaining "Break Your Water".

For "Break Your Water" we put plastic babies in plastic cups of water and froze them. Contestants had to break the frozen water to get the babies.

Can anyone tell me what happens to a plastic cup when you use it to freeze water? Anyone? Anyone? ...The bottoms of the cups crack. We made it work just the same and one of the Harvard graduates won by warming up her "water" with the bulb in a wall sconce.


Let's not forget Baby Shower Bingo! Party goers were getting pushy if Danielle was not opening her gifts fast enough. There was more than one debate about what qualified as a onsie or a baby book.

Its safe to say I lost the due date prediction. I picked March 19th. We have yet to find out who will win that last prize.

I may not be able to pick a date, but I do know one thing.
Danielle is blessed to be in this family. There was a room full of women there wanting to share in this happy event and show their support.

Branice is excited to be an aunt and was determined to make this shower the best. Her friendship with Danielle is evident. Joseph is a very lucky little boy. Can't wait until he arrives.


View all of the Shower Pictures

1 comment:

RIRI said...

Great photos Susan. Thanks for all you did to make this event a memorable one for everyone. Danielle looks so happy. She looks a lot like me. Your spin on the shower was super.
Love,
RiRi