The many sides of Brian Tague include a bit of a folk artist. Give him tee shirts, rubber bands and pails of dye. He will produce a tie dye of vibrant color. Give him a bag of pipe cleaners at Christmas. He will build a snowman complete with miniature pipe. Give him some pipettes, vinegar and color pellets. He will paint a beautiful Easter egg.
While we are not religious, we religiously practice many traditions of the holidays.
Every Easter we color eggs as a family.


We have a kit to produce tie dye eggs which we have used for many years now. I purchase the cheapest color kit and we break out all the old tools. This year we even tried a little relief work with scotch tape. They were lovely.
Year after year Mitch has recruited friends from the neighborhood to join him in an egg hunt. Some hunts have been in the front yard. We have moved the hunt to our playroom when it rained.This year things have really changed. Mitchell hid the eggs. Brian and I had to find them. It's hard to tell who had the most fun.
It is rewarding when your child embraces your traditions. The fact that he will still color eggs with us and that he is excited to hide these eggs from us makes his aging easier to take.

Now the only challenge left is what to do with twelve hard boiled eggs. Brian and Mitch like to color them. They do not like to eat them.
I, on the other hand, could not wait to finish the hunt so I could have one for my breakfast. I guess I will be making potato salad, mac salad, egg salad or maybe deviled eggs this week.
Wishing you all a most eggsellent Easter!

2 comments:
I alway knew Brian lead a secret artist life. Take for example his new years hat creations from the past. What about his creative photographs of trips to Cape Cod and beyond. Mitch has inherited some of this no doubt. Of course he also has his mom's generous way.
Happy Easter
RiRi
eggstremely eggsuberant
thanks for sharing.
Happy Easter!
Post a Comment