Sunday, March 16, 2008

Flying Solo

For those concerned for my safety driving nine hours to New Jersey, thank you. I had a successful trip and am home with my guys, safe and sound. The talented Jim Dale kept me company all the way as he read to me the seventh book of Harry Potter.

I also used this trip as an excuse to buy myself one of those cd holders for the visor so I had the discs at my finger tips.

I left right after Brian and Mitch. It was dark but only for a short while.

The first three hours breezed by quickly. My first stop was multipurpose, any excuse to have a Sausage McMuffin with Egg.


The drive up 81 was clear and pleasant. I have grown fond of the stretch up the Shenandoah Valley. We drive it every summer.

It was my first long trip with the Highlander. Long gone are the days of the yellow Dodge Colt. I have decided to name my new-to-me car, "Chariot."

After a smooth nine hours, I arrived safely at Fletcher's Inn, home of Rosita and Ed Fletcher, Danielle's In-Laws.








I will write more about my trip later. I am home and being served ravioli's by my wonderful son with the help of his Dee. Then the Dee will read to us.

There really is no place like home.

1 comment:

RIRI said...

Glade to hear your home safe and sound from your solo adventure. I can't thank you enough for being such and inspirational and important person in our lives.
love,
Annemarie