Friday, February 15, 2008

My Funny Valentines

Robert took this picture. He said, "move closer to the old buzz saw." Brian Tague quipped, "which one?" What a wise guy.

I wisely married that wise guy. We spend most of our time together laughing. If there was ever an important ingredient for marriage, it has to be laughter.

Now we are raising a comedian together. Crazy as his parents, Mitchell is forever trying to swap barbs like a native Bostonian.

Brian had to work last night. I swear there is some bitterly lonely person who schedules these university functions. Graduation weekend runs over Mother's Day, too. We decided we will celebrate Valentines Day on Saturday.


When I opened my email yesterday morning there was a very nice, spicy, electronic card for me at Blue Mountain. I had to reply. I whipped together this electronically "home made" Valentine.





A freak snowstorm kept Mitch home for the day. He wanted to make one. He came up with this wonderful sentiment. Notice the child still has to be throwing something at his father.



Mitch and I went on a date to a friend's for dinner. Brian got home before us. I wanted him to come home to everything clean and snuggly. I actually
did housework.

To add to the atmosphere, I baked these incredible Chewy Chocolate Sticks. They are sweet bread twisted around sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and raisins. I ran out of time so they sat in the oven to rise while we were out. I baked them last night when I got home. Oh dear, there goes my diet... again. These things are heaven on a napkin.

And we still have tomorrow when we will celebrate Valentines Day as a family. Today I will make cards and special sweets for my funny valentines. My sunny, funny valentines. Isn't love grand?

No comments: